Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Two Weeks in Washington DC


2 1/2 years ago I was lucky enough to be chosen to participate in the National Association of Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies (NACCRRA) inaugural leadership development program with 5 other wonderful women from across the country. I have learned a lot about child care resource and referral in these two years and have made many changes in my agency as a result. I am nearing the end of this wonderful program and I am lucky enough to spend two weeks interning at the NACCRRA office in their public policy division. I will spend the next two weeks updating you on what I learn. For an example did you know that Representative Andre' Carson has introduced a bill to require comprehensive back ground checks for all child care providers that care for children who are on the CCDF voucher program? On Thursday I am going to attend my first hearing. I will let you know how that goes. Check back for updates.
Have a wonderful evening!
Mindy Bennett

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We are all very proud of you Mindy. Hope you are having a good trip