8 hours ago
Thursday, April 23, 2015
Thursday, April 16, 2015
Wednesday, April 15, 2015
- Recruiting Quality Staff: Tips & Tricks to Snagging that Quality Staff Member - online webinar 4/22 from 10:30-noon - cost is $10 - register online by visiting http://mccoyouth.org/learning-network-workshops.html.
- Stewards of Children: FREE Child Sexual Abuse Prevention Training - 4/22 from 1-3 pm, United Way of Central Indiana, register online by visiting http://mccoyouth.org/learning-network-workshops.html.
- Homeless Youth: Learn about Indy's Youth Homeless Landscape - 4/23 from 10-noon at WFYI - FREE - Learn more at http://mccoyouth.org/learning-network-workshops.html.
- Staffing: A Focus on Retention - 4/29 from 9:30-11 am at United Way of Central Indiana - Cost is $20 - Learn more at http://mccoyouth.org/learning-network-workshops.html.
- Suicide Alertness and Prevention - 5/1 from 9am-3pm at United Way of Central Indiana - Cost is $20 - Learn more at http://mccoyouth.org/learning-network-workshops.html.
- Positive Behavior Interventions - 2 part series on 5/7 and 5/22 from 9am-1pm at United Way of Central Indiana - Cost is $20 - Learn more at http://mccoyouth.org/learning-network-workshops.html.
- Financial Literacy Program for Youth - 5/8 from 9:30-11 am at United Way of Central Indiana - FREE - Learn more at http://mccoyouth.org/learning-network-workshops.html.
- Staffing: A Focus on Retention - online webinar 5/14 from 10:30-noon - Cost is $10 - Learn more at http://mccoyouth.org/learning-network-workshops.html.
Tuesday, April 7, 2015
Child Care Answers CACFP program has been working with providers this contract year on learning about Child Nutrition labels on processed foods and it has been very eye opening. According to the child nutrition label for some prepackaged fish sticks products a 3 year old would need 12 fish sticks to get 1 1/2 ounces of meat. Here is a fantastic way to make your own fish sticks for the kids. Try making a couple batches and freezing them for another day.
Monday, March 30, 2015
Wednesday, March 25, 2015
April 29, 2015
Presented by: Shana Ritter, Director, Shana Ritter Facilitation & Consulting Services
Time: 1:00 p.m - 2:30 p.m. (Eastern)
Time: 12:00 p.m - 1:30 p.m. (Central)
Time: 12:00 p.m - 1:30 p.m. (Central)
Participants can register at www.iyi.org/webinars
This webinar offers participants tools to help frame conversations on race, ethnicity and equity. We will explore how to use data and text and personal experience to construct conversations that explore the intersections of race, ethnicity, gender and class. In addition, we will look at ways to make these conversations relevant for different age groups and settings. These conversations are integral to the process of developing strategies and interventions to address inequities in our schools and communities.
Shana Ritter has extensive experience in the areas of culturally responsive practice, school improvement, family engagement and educational equity. She has worked with school districts and community groups to address issues of equity through data based decision making, culturally responsive practice, and dialogues on race, ethnicity and social justice.
Shana has developed and taught courses, seminars and community workshops on multicultural education, diversity in a pluralistic society, culturally responsive practices and moving toward equity.
Tuesday, March 10, 2015
Tuesday, March 3, 2015
National CACFP week is an excellent time to learn more about the program and sign on or promote the great work you, as a provider are already offering through the program. You may consider planning to try a new recipe that week to talk about the different components of the program, offer some nutrition lesson plans to the children, cook with the kids, or take the opportunity to share with your parents what the program offers to you and what it allows you to offer to the children.
If you are not already on the program and you are a license child care provider or have met the CCDF standards you might take the opportunity to look into signing onto the program. Child Care Answers sponsors providers in the Central Indiana region. If you are interested you can email Emily at email@example.com.
Monday, February 23, 2015
Tuesday, January 20, 2015
It is a New Year!
Do you need to renew your CDA?
What are your plans for renewing your CDA?
Your in luck!!
Ivy Tech Community College, Central Indiana campus is offering a renewal class.
Classes start March 21st and meet for 8 Saturday's from 8:00 - 12:00.
For more information please contact Diane Smith at 317-917-5986.