Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Child Care Memories



In the early 1970's I went to a little child care provider in Kokomo, IN called "Real Life Playschool" (the picture is of me way back then) it played such an important part of my early childhood and I fondly recall it. I am sad to know that it is no longer in operation, but I will always treasure the memories and my mom still has some of the "artwork" I created there. A plaster hand impression and some coloring pages, as well as a red and green construction paper garland that decorated every one of our Christmas trees throughout my formative years. I have memories of playing Red-Rover in the play ground, Legos and learning to wash my hands when I was done in the potty. Miss Julie, Mrs. Dishon, and Miss Connie, still come to my mind every now and then as I talk to providers in the job I have now. Mrs. Dishon passed away in the late 80's and Miss Julie is gone too, but I like to think that they are proud of all the thousands of children's lives they touched over the years, and would be happy to know that I now play a small part in keeping their legacy alive through my work with Child Care Answers.








What are some of the memories you have of your days in child care before you went to Kindergarden?

No comments: